Formation of the Alumni Association
- Founded in 1922, by a group of College Fellows
- Main aim is to keep alumni in touch both with each other and the College
- Name change to ‘Downing College Alumni Association’ occurred in 2012 more clearly reflecting its membership.
- The Alumni Association works closely with the Alumni and Development Office (founded in 1996) to foster and strengthen alumni relations
This is offered to
- current undergraduate and post-graduate students; they become Life Members on graduation
- members of the Fellowship
Rules of the Association
The Executive Committee
This Committee manages the Association and comprises:
- Past President
- President Elect
- Association Secretary
- Members representing a wide range of age groups
- Co-opted members with particular expertise
- Student representatives
- Ex-officio senior members of the College
Committee membership is reviewed and approved annually at the AGM.
Date of the next AGM [TBC]
Alumni Association Newsletter
Back issues of our newsletter are available here.