Student contents insurance

PLEASE NOTE: September 2018: The College is in the process of changing insurance providers. The details below are only relevant to current students as the cover is still in place. Information concerning the new provider will be posted once the arrangements have been finalised.

Students living in College accommodation pay the Residence Charge which includes insurance through the College provider (currentlyNWBIB).

The policy provides cover in various categories, including accidental damage to rooms, as well as limited cover for your bicycle and laptop, on and off College premises.

You should review the specifics of the policy so that you aware of the scope and the limitations of your cover. Please pay particular attention to the limits on high risk items and valuables. If you wish to increase your insurance cover you will need to contact the provider directly.

Please familiarise yourself with both the NWBIB Student contents insurance flyer and the NWBIB Student contents insurance FAQs page.

Making a claim

If you need to make a claim then you can download the PDF form here. The completed form, along with any supporting information (receipts, photographs etc.), should then be emailed to

Specific College policy details (number, type) are available on Distro here. You will need to log in using the generic student credentials.

Please note: There have been problems reported where people have used non-Adobe software (particularly the built-in PDF reader in MacOS) to complete PDF forms. We would recommend that you use Adobe Reader or a similar Adobe product to be sure that your form is completed properly.