Postgraduate Tutor appointments
All new Postgraduate students must sign-up for an appointment time to see their Tutor. You have been assigned a Graduate Tutor who is responsible for your general welfare while studying at Downing.
A list of Graduate Tutor appointments will be posted online via Moodle and you will find out which Graduate Tutor you have been assigned then. Please follow the instructions below to sign up for an appointment time. Please note you will not be able to sign up for an appointment until you have collected your Cambridge email address and the passwords to your University computing accounts as part of the University Student Registration process, unless you have recently been an undergraduate at Downing and your computing accounts and passwords are still active.
It is not necessary for continuing Postgraduate students, EMBA or other part-time students to book an appointment. If, throughout the course of your studies you would like to see or discuss a matter with your Tutor, please contact them by email to arrange an appointment.
- Collect the passwords to your University computing accounts. (When you visit the registration page, you will need to identify yourself and you will be asked whether you wish to be included in the University email directory. Please indicate that you wish to be included in this directory, otherwise you will not receive important emails.) If you have already collected your passwords or are a continuing student, please proceed to the next step.
- Go to Moodle.
- Click on ‘Raven Login’.
- Enter your CRSID (this is your username and the first part of your email address, which is made up of your initials and a number).
- Enter your RAVEN password (which you collected at 1. above).
- The system will then direct you to your homepage on Moodle where the ‘Downing College Tutorial Site for Students’ is listed. Please click on this link which will direct you to the site.
- Click on the ‘Director of Studies and Tutor Meetings’ page.
- Please now read and follow the instructions carefully on this page in order to sign up for an appointment.
- If you are reading any of the following subjects (BTH, LLM, MCL or MAST), you will also need to view or sign up for an appointment with your Director of Studies on Moodle.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Tutorial Office if you encounter any difficulties or have any queries.