1968 Reunion Dinner
Saturday 16 September 2023
In conjunction with David James, your Year Rep, a special 55-year reunion dinner has been arranged in College for 1968 matriculants and their guests. The full timetable for Saturday 16 September is as follows:
- 2pm onwards: Arrival in College. Room keys will be available from the Porters' Lodge at 2pm.
- 2.30pm-3.30pm: Meet in the Howard Building Drawing Room for an (optional) guided tour of the College grounds with the Head Gardener, Jack Sharp. This tour will include a short talk about the Ai Weiwei tree outside The Heong Gallery by Dr Prerona Prasad, Gallery Curator. Please note places are limited to x30 people.
- 3.30pm-5.30pm: Afternoon Tea in the Howard Building Drawing Room. The Alumni Association hopes to be in attendance selling Downing merchandise, with all proceeds going to the support of current students.
- 7pm: Pre-dinner drinks reception in the Howard Building Drawing Room.
- 7.30pm: Three-course formal dinner, with wine, in the Grace Howard Room. The maximum capacity is 80 people.
- 9.30pm: Bar in the Howard Building Drawing Room. Please note that cash payments are no longer accepted in College. Credit/debit cards and Apple/Google Pay will all be accepted.
The dress code for dinner is lounge suits. We regret that The Heong Gallery is probably going to be closed on this date, as it is prepares for the new exhibition. It may be possible to offer a short 15-minute tour of the building, but we won't know that until nearer the time.
Please let us know if you are a Blue Badge holder and require disabled parking. Limited parking is available in College, but is not guaranteed and cannot be reserved unless you require a disabled parking place.
Booking closes on Friday 25 August at 1pm. Early booking is advised to avoid disappointment.
To view the booking form, you must log in to the Alumni and Development website.