Year 10 and 11 University Taster Webinar
Applications are now open. Register your interest here.
Wednesday 28 March 2023, 5.00pm-6.30pm
Downing College invites Year 10 & 11 students across the UK to take part in a webinar to help them think about their future. Students attending the webinar will have the opportunity to find out about the University of Cambridge and explore what opportunities are available to them in the next few years. The aim of the webinar is to encourage students to think about higher education and what they can do now to support their future. A member of the admissions team and current undergraduate students will be running the webinar, and they will be happy to answer any questions students may have about Cambridge.
5.00pm – Introduction to the University of Cambridge
5.20pm – Student Life Talk
5.40pm – Thinking about your Future workshop
6.00pm – Q&A
This is a free event for students to join but requires registration, please register here by 26 February 2023.
Who can apply?
To apply for this event you must be:
- A current year 10 or 11 student in the UK
- Interested in studying at Cambridge or have the potential capability to study at Cambridge
If we hit full capacity for this event, students who meet any of the below criteria will be prioritised:
- Currently or previously living under local authority care
- Eligible for Free School Meals (currently, or in the previous six years)
- Young carer
- Students from underrepresented ethnic groups
- Disability/extenuating circumstances which has affected study
- IMD deciles 1-2
- POLAR 4 classification 1 or 2
- No parental history of higher education
- Current state school student