Year 12 Enhanced Open Day Webinar
Applications for this event have closed.
The Enhanced Open Day Webinar is a brilliant opportunity for Year 12 students in the UK who are interested in applying to study at the University of Cambridge. The webinar involves a variety of sessions that will help students prepare for the application process including: an admissions overview, personal statement workshop, and interview advice. The webinar will be ran by members of the admissions team and current undergraduate students, who will provide advice and answer questions.
We hope to run an in-person Year 12 Enhanced Open Day on 11th and 12th August. The date is still subject to change but students can pre-register their interest for the in person event on their application form. Students who are invited to take part in the in-person event will be expected to have also taken part in the online webinar on 6th July.
The webinar will cover:
- Welcome and Downing History
- Downing Virtual Tour
- Cambridge Admissions Overview
- Student Life Talk
- Student Finance and Budgeting
- Personal Statement Workshop
- Interview Advice
The webinar is not subject focused and will provide general advice for applying to the University of Cambridge. It is advised that Year 12s interested in applying to Cambridge attend one of our subject admissions webinars, if their subject is available, for subject specific advice. As well as speaking to the department.
The in-person event will include:
- Overnight stay in College
- Accommodation, meals, travel and activities fully paid for
- Personal Statement workshop
- Interview workshop
- Meeting academics
- Meeting current students
- College tour
- Cambridge city tour
- Society showcase
- And more
How to apply
To apply for this event you must be:
- A current year 12 student in the UK
- Be able to achieve The University of Cambridge entrance requirements.
Students who meet any of the below criteria will be prioritised:
- No parental history of higher education
- Current state school student
- Currently or previously living under local authority care
- Eligible for Free School Meals (currently, or in the previous six years)
- IMD deciles 1-3
- School/college progression rates to higher education
- Disability/extenuating circumstances which has affected study
- Students from underrepresented ethnic groups
- Young carer
- POLAR 4 classification 1 or 2
You can also sign up to other University of Cambridge colleges events being put on for year 12.