*When in the library, please remember to follow coronavirus safety guidance below*
- Search our library catalogue at library.dow.cam.ac.uk (remember, Downing books are not on iDiscover)
- Using Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) will get the best results, with [author] AND [keyword] often used reliably.
- Click on the title for full details and to check location (including classmark) and availability
Quick introduction to using the catalogue
- You can now request the book(s) through our Request & Collect service (Screen reader friendly details here)
- If you are in the library you can use a library map to locate available books in the main rooms (use the first part of the classmark to identify the correct area on the map)
- Basement books (in the basement book stacks) are also open access and are in numerical order
- Display books can be found near to the front door
- Cataloguing books aren’t on the shelves but can be requested – email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we will expedite any that you require)
- For Staff area books or any questions, speak to staff in the library or email as above
- Reference only books can often be made borrowable on request – please contact staff as above
- On loan books can be reserved – log in using your Reader code (the alphanumeric sequence beneath the barcode on your University card)
- You can also renew your books once logged in (select and renew one by one)
Coronavirus safety guidance for library users
Please do not come into the library if you are self-isolating, quarantining or feeling unwell.
We ask that you continue to observe the guidelines below whilst using the library. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Ensure there are windows open in the vicinity of occupied study spaces.
- If in doubt, assume that others want to maintain safe distances.
- Make use of the available hand sanitisers and sanitising wipes to ensure good hygiene, especially around shared facilities.
- Take all your belongings with you when you vacate a study space.
You are very welcome to use the library’s Request & Collect service to borrow books.
Any library enquiries can be directed to: email@example.com