To apply, you must complete and submit a UCAS application by October 15th. You must do this online at the UCAS website. The UCAS website provides comprehensive help and information.
When applying to Cambridge you will need to use a Campus Code to nominate your chosen College. Downing College’s Campus Code is D. If you do not have a preference College you can make an Open application (Campus Code 9) and your application will be allocated to a College after the application deadline.
For information about how we use your personal data, please see: https://www.information-compliance.admin.cam.ac.uk/data-protection/applicant-data.
After your UCAS application has been submitted, Downing College will send you an email thanking you for your UCAS application and confirming that we have received it. In this email you will be asked to complete and return various forms.
You will also receive an email from the Cambridge Admissions Office, giving the web address of the online Supplementary Application Questionnaire (SAQ) and a date by which you must complete it.
The SAQ was developed to ensure that we have complete and consistent information about all applicants. It also enables us to collect information that is not part of the UCAS application but is helpful when assessing applications. The SAQ will ask for details such as:
- Information about topics already covered as part of your AS/A-Level (or equivalent) courses
- Registration numbers for admissions tests (if applicable).
- UMS marks obtained for A2 units if you are applying post-A level
If you are applying with an Extenuating Circumstances Form your teacher or tutor should submit the Extenuating Circumstances Form to your College of choice by 15 October.
If you live and study outside the EU, you must complete a Cambridge Online Preliminary Application (COPA) in addition to a UCAS application.
Full details of the application process, including information about interviews overseas, dates and deadlines, can be found at the University of Cambridge site.
If you wish to apply for a Downing College Organ Scholarship you must complete a COPA in addition to a UCAS application. Choral Awards are applied for after you have been made an offer and details will be sent in your offer letter.
Full details of the application process, including dates and deadlines, can be found at the University of Cambridge site.
Mature and affiliated applicants must complete a UCAS application and a COPA if applicable.
Full details about applying as a mature or affiliated student can be found on the University website.
The Rowan Williams Cambridge Studentship is a full-cost award available to undergraduate and graduate students, covering tuition fees and maintenance, which will, in some instances, also assist with students’ upfront expenses such as travel, visa costs and the immigration health surcharge.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- hold a conditional offer of admission to the University of Cambridge for any degree;
- be from an area of instability or zone of conflict;
- be, or have been, at risk of discrimination, persecution, suffering, violence or other abuse of their human rights.
Undergraduate applicants should
- apply for admission to the University of Cambridge in the normal way via a UCAS application and by the published deadlines listed above;
- if offered conditional admission by a Cambridge College, complete an Application for Scholarships for Undergraduate Studies offered by the Cambridge Trust (sent by the College at time of conditional offer) including a Personal Statement of how they meet the eligibility criteria.
For more information visit www.cambridgetrust.org/scholarships/rowan-williams-cambridge-studentship