When will I receive my College bill?

College bills are issued at the start of each term.

What will I be charged for on my College bill?

Your bill will contain some or all of the following as applicable:

  • Tuition fees (n/a if you have a tuition fee loan)
  • Termly rent
  • Alumni membership fee (Downing Association)
  • Charge for College and Society events attended
  • Society subscriptions
  • Meal charges
  • College fines

How will I receive my College bill?

All bills will be emailed to your @cam email address.

What do I do if I have a query regarding my College bill?

Please contact the Senior Accounts Clerk by emailing senior-accounts-clerk@dow.cam.ac.uk. The Bursary is open daily from 9.30am if you prefer to discuss the matter in person.

When do I have to pay my College bill?

The due date will be printed on the bill.  College bill due dates are also available on the College website, please refer to the ‘Fees and Charges’ section.

How can I pay my College bill?

You can pay your College bill by one of the following methods:

  • Bank Transfer
  • Direct Debit (UG only)
  • Sterling cheque
  • Sterling bank draft
  • UK debit card

How is my College bill payment allocated?

Payments are allocated against your College bill in the following order:

  • College charges
  • College tuition fees
  • University tuition fees

This means that, should there be any shortfall in funds for the payment of your College bill, then your University tuition fee payments may be impacted.

How do I pay my College bill by Direct Debit?

If you did not sign up for Direct Debit when you completed the Freshers’ checklist, then please contact the Bursary and they will arrange this for you.

I can’t pay my College bill, what should I do?

Please contact your College Tutor in the first instance and they will be able to advise you.

How do I pay for the meals charged to my College card?

Your meal charges are added termly in arrears to your College bill.

I have a tuition fee loan, how do I pay my fees?

Your tuition fee loan is paid directly to the College from Student Finance. You do not need to make any payment to the College yourself.  Please ensure that you forward a copy of the ‘University or College Payment Advice’ to the Bursary as soon as you receive it as it is required in order for us to obtain payment.  If you cancel or amend the amount of your loan at any time then again please inform the Bursary without delay.